Parkour has no doubt gotten more popular in recent years. This has therefore sparked interest amongst enthusiasts while also causing a consequent increase in demand for parkour gear and clothing. But if you are an overweight individual, finding gears or clothes to wear for parkour can be a bit more challenging. Read on below to find out useful tips on how to pick the right activewear when you go on a parkour session.
1. Plus size individuals who are into parkour have more options than they think they do. You can pretty much wear anything to parkour. But make sure that it is comfortable enough and facilitates in freedom of movement.
2. Choose comfortable fabric such as cotton. This is great for all sizes of individuals because they tend to be loose and yet snug enough to give you enough range in motion. If you can find a store that specializes on plus size clothes for parkour, then make sure to take advantage!
3. For your lower body, track pants work best for parkour. The best thing about track pants is that they do not restrict your movement and therefore frees up your legs. At the same time, you can find a wide range of sizes in the market so you do not have to worry about finding one that fits you best.
4. Try out your clothes and gears before buying. Unlike everyday wear, it is a must to put on your clothes for parkour before buying them, especially for overweight folks. You might even want to try out some movements while wearing them to ensure that it serves its purpose. Try out as many clothes as you possibly can before settling for a complete parkour getup.
5. Always go for comfortable shoes. Also, it would be great if you can find ones that have optimum cushioning to provide the highest amount of support on your soles and feet. You need to make sure that it provides a good grip against various types of surfaces.
For overweight individuals, make sure that you take the points raised above with much consideration before buying parkour gears from a clothing site. This will ensure your protection and comfort while engaging in parkour, or other extreme activities.